Two years down the line and you’re both still madly in love. Good on ya, is what needs to be said here. Marriage is not the easiest of relationships to maintain and it requires a lot of patience, understanding, respect and forgiveness. So far you’re more successful at it than many, many others, and long may it stay that way. Throwing away things that no longer work, seems to have become part and parcel of modern day living, and marriage hasn’t been left out of the trend. Sad really, because sharing your life with someone is very special. Yes there are going to be the inevitable ups and downs, that goes without saying. But the important thing is not to run for the hills at the first sign of trouble. Moving on to pastures new isn’t the best thing to do. It’s the easiest!
With all that being said let’s get back to the subject in question. Finding memorable 2nd wedding anniversary gifts for your husband. Buying anything for the man in your life can be a little hair raising, especially when your relationship is still relatively new. But take it from us that it is possible. On the whole the male species much prefers gifts that are practical. They really aren’t into frivolous or pointless gifts, whatever the occasion. So here goes with a few helpful suggestions.
2nd Anniversary Gifts For a Husband
Gold-Dipped Golf Ball & Tee Set
- dipped in 24k gold
- excellent durability while retaining the playability
- ideal for mounting and display purposes
Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- produced to tournament grade standards
- presented in an elegant high quality case
Top Second Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
The traditionalists amongst you will be interested to know that a second anniversary gift should be cotton. Paper if you live in the UK. For all the modern thinking gift givers China is the alternative. So let’s look at some ideas long those lines.
If the man in your life isn’t shy about receiving flowers, the flower for a second anniversary is Lily of the Valley. And you could also put a sparkle in his eye with the anniversary gemstone which is Garnet.
2nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts Made of Cotton
- This one might bring a smile to his face – a container of cotton buds. But you might have to find something to add to such a comical gift.
- A cotton t-shirt, personalised with some charming words, or emblazoned with a picture or logo from his favourite band or team.
- How about a luxurious cotton bath towel, to slip in his gym bag?
- Does your husband love to be in charge of the BBQ? Gift him his own cotton apron.
- To keep him warm and cosy when he’s stepped out of the shower, a sumptuous cotton bath robe
- Would he like a cotton tie to add to his collection of clothes for the office?
- Does your husband get the sniffles when summer comes around. Rather than always reaching for the tissue box, buy him the gift of an embroidered set of cotton handkerchiefs.
- How about some colourful car seat covers for the car?
2nd Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas Featuring Paper
- A book by his favourite author
- A photo album with some favourite snaps, or a scrapbook filled with fond memories
- Buy him a piece of the moon. Paper comes in the form of a land deed, and map to show him the special spot.
- A framed print by a well loved artist of his
- A personalised football calendar
- A personalised map with all his bucket list destinations
- A jigsaw with a photo of you both
China 2nd Anniversary Gifts
- A personalised egg cup – presented to him with a boiled egg for breakfast in bed
- Stylish china cufflinks – nope we hadn’t realised either that you could buy cufflinks made of china
- China mug for his coffee in the morning – with an added message of course
- Order a chinese take-away, and enjoy a romantic dinner at home by candlelight
- A china cereal bowl for his breakfast snack
- Piggy bank in the shape of a football
The 2nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts Gemstone – Garnet
Garnets have long been associated with love and passion. It’s a naturally occurring gemstone, so everyone is unique. Each has its own feel, shape and shade. The history of humans and garnets goes back thousands of years. People used it as a symbol of passion and love and buried it with their dead in the Bronze Age. Greeks adorned their equipment for battle with them, because they believe it gave the wearer protection. And in England royals have long been lovers of garnet. It was often used to adorn their robes.
Garnets mostly come in colors similar to red, but they can be found in pretty much any color, including blue.
There are lots of garnet accessories you can give your loved one. Pendants, bracelets, rings and even earrings. You shouldn’t have a problem finding something that he’ll love to wear.
Well we hope you’ve realised that finding the gift for your perfect husband shouldn’t be as difficult as you’d thought. Use our suggestions for some inspiration, we’re not expecting you to rush out and buy what we’ve said. But whatever you do make your second wedding anniversary special, and it won’t be long before you’re enjoying another anniversary further down the line.