Reaching your 50th wedding anniversary is a rare event. Not many couples get to enjoy their golden jubilee. During your 50 years of married life together you’ve likely seen some good and bad times, but the strength of your relationship has seen you through them all. The bond and love you share is one of the greatest rewards you can get from married life, but for your 50th wedding anniversary you’re bound to want to find him a gift that is memorable. So where do you start on your quest to finding the perfect anniversary gift? Gold has featured as the traditional symbol for marking 50 years of married life, and evidence can be found that it started back in the Holy Roman empire. When a husband and wife were lucky enough to reach such an important milestone, the gift of a gold wreath was bestowed upon the wife. In Medieval Germany friends and neighbors marked the occasion with a similar gift. It highly likely that your husband isn’t going to be impressed with a wreath, even if it’s made of gold. So let’s give you some better options.
Golden Anniversary Gifts For a Husband
Gold-Dipped Golf Ball & Tee Set
- dipped in 24k gold
- excellent durability while retaining the playability
- ideal for mounting and display purposes
Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- produced to tournament grade standards
- presented in an elegant high quality case
50th Anniversary Gifts Ideas for a Husband – the Trip of a Lifetime
By now you should have paid off the mortgage, and the kids have hopefully left home. And if they haven’t, then it’s time for them to start their journey in the big wide world outside of the family home. After 50 years of marriage, you should be all set to enjoy some time with little or no responsibilities. Time to enjoy what you both like to do. As you’re both retired, there should be nothing stopping you from enjoying a once in a lifetime vacation. And to tie in with the golden theme, why not take a trip to Australia’s Gold Coast, or hop on down to Las Vegas and spend some time in the Gold Coast Casino?
But if you want to stick with the traditional gift ideas, then a gold watch or item of gold jewelry maybe just the sort of gift he’ll treasure. You’ve probably got a number of jewelry stores in your local town, and there’s always the internet if you’re still stuck for ideas. Just type gold jewelry into Google’s search bar and you’ll be amazed at the thousands of options available to buy with just a few quick clicks.
Does your husband love to spend his free time down at the golf club? See what golden golfing equipment is available to buy. Alternatively take a look at what’s on offer from Eternity Rose. A gold dipped golf ball and tee set might not be something he can use on a regular basis, but it’ll definitely be given pride of place in your home.
50th Anniversary Gifts for Him – an Original Wedding Day Newspaper
This will make a perfect 50th wedding anniversary for the history loving husband. A presentation pack that includes three original newspapers, one from the wedding date, and one for each of the your birth dates. Your history buff of a husband will be able to see what was happening on those three memorable days. They are presented in a personalized package that can include your names or initials. The newspapers come from the USA, and you can request they are from specific states, although it might not be possible to get exactly what you want, as these original newspapers are quite rare.
Another option, if history is his thing, is the gift of a personalized family tree. There are a few different companies who will undertake the research for you, and present their findings in the form of an attractive gift.
A Golden Anniversary Gift Basket – Full of all the Things he Loves
You can buy this kind of gift already made, or create one yourself. Fill it with golden treats such as chocolates, biscuits, popcorn, alcoholic beverages, coffee, tea and any other kind of treat you know he’ll appreciate. All wrapped up and presented with a gold ribbon, what isn’t there for him to enjoy?
Gift Him His Favorite Tipple for a 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift
Is your hubby a whisky lover, or does he prefer a pint of beer? If he loves a wee dram, then why not give him his own personalized barrel? While it doesn’t come ready filled, you can always give him a few bottles to pop into the barrel so he can enjoy a tipple after aging it himself. Not just for whisky but also suitable for tequila, brandy, bourbon or cognac. The barrel itself is made of oak, so will impart a special flavor to anything put inside.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Anniversary Gift for Him
Here’s a few helpful tips, when looking for a gift for your loving husband of 50 years……..
- Give yourself a budget – it’s always easier to find a gift when you’ve got a budget to stick to. Otherwise you’ll find yourself completely overwhelmed when it comes to choosing a gift. Many of the online gift sites allow you to specify your budget, before giving you a choice of items.
- The sporty husband – lots of men love sports, whether it’s cricket, football, baseball or basketball. Buy him a gift that links with his favorite team. Or go all out and buy him tickets to the next big game.
- Does he love his luxuries? – give him the gift of some swanky new fashion items, luxury food or drinks.
- What about hobbies? – if he loves fishing buy him a new fishing rod. If two wheels are more his things, buy him tickets to a motorbike race.
- If he’s got a sense of humor – we hope that he’s got one, because it’s highly likely that he needed one at least once or twice during the last 50 years. T-shirts, mugs and loads of amusing and comical gifts are just waiting for you to pick them.
We have to say here that there’s no point stressing out about buying your husband an anniversary gift. Anything you buy will be well received and appreciated as long as it comes from the heart.