You and your husband are getting pretty close to the big ‘three o’ and you might feel the need to let your 27th anniversary pass without too much celebration. However, as each year passes it becomes more and more important to mark the day with something special. There are no traditional themes associated with 27 years as man and wife, but the modern theme is sculptures.
Exchanging gifts is an important part of keeping your relationship alive and strong, and it is also a great way to show your spouse how much you still care. A 27 year anniversary gift is also a way to say thank you. Thanks for all the special moments you’ve shared. Thanks for all he’s done for you over the last 27 years. And a way to express how much you’re looking forward to the next twenty seven years together.
27th Anniversary Gifts For a Husband
Gold-Dipped Golf Ball & Tee Set
- a genuine golf ball and tee both dipped in 24k gold
- a perfect complement to any golfer's display cabinet
- ideal for mounting on a trophy
Gold-Dipped Poker Cards
- playable deck of poker cards dipped in 24 karat gold.
- produced to tournament grade standards
- presented in an elegant high quality case
A sculpture for his man cave, or one for the garden – A perfect 27 year anniversary gift for him
Sculptures come in a wide range of shapes and sizes, and the subject matter could be classic, romantic, unusual or downright obscure. With so much to choose from, it shouldn’t be a problem finding something that suits the man in question. A sculpture is a great gift to give your husband for this upcoming 27 year wedding anniversary, as it represents the way you’ve both sculpted each other and your views of the world.
Let’s take a look at a few of the meanings and emotions you can convey, by giving him a sculpture for a 27th anniversary gift.
Sculptures are made from a variety of different materials. Some of which can communicate beauty in an emotional and powerful way. Think about the look and feel of materials such as bronze, wood, and marble, and you’ll appreciate what we mean. Think about why you love your husband and see if you can find a sculpture that matches. Is it his thoughtfulness that melts your heart? Why not consider a sculpture of Auguste Rodin`s ‘The Thinker’? Does his physique make your heart miss a beat? Then there is always Michelangelo’s ‘David’.
If your husband is passionate about the arts, music, or has very religious beliefs, consider a miniature sculpture that relates to his preferences. It could be a sculpture that incorporates scriptural references, or a citation from the Torah or Koran. Maybe he’d prefer a Buddha statue or sculpture. If music is more his thing, then find a sculpture featuring a musical instrument, and add meaning with a few of his favorite recordings. If your husband is a keen gardener, he may well prefer a sculpture for the garden. Perhaps you can find the right one with a fountain, which will look stunning in the front or back yard.
So many different mediums are used nowadays, for modern sculptures. Bronze, iron, pewter, car parts, and plastic bottles are just a few examples. Has your husband got a favorite metal? Find him a sculpture in that material. If reading is one of his favorite pastimes you should consider a pair of sculpted bookends. Or maybe your husband would love a sculpted paperweight or pen set that can sit on his desk at work.
Make this anniversary special by thinking out of the box
You may be thinking that you like the idea of a sculpture, but you’re not really sure it’s going to impress your husband. In which case it’s time to think out of the box for a 27 year anniversary gift for him. Take him to an exotic location for a memorable vacation. And stay with the theme by travelling to a place that is famous for its sculptures.
Here are a few examples you may want to visit together for your 27th wedding anniversary:
- New York, The Statue of Liberty – Given to the people of the United States as a gift of friendship from the people of France.
- Rio de Janeiro, Christ the Redeemer – This is one of the largest art deco statues in the world, standing at 98 feet tall, and whose arms stretch 92 feet wide. This iconic statue stands at the top of the Corcovado Mountain.
- Henan, China, The Spring Temple Buddha – This statue was built in 2002, and is the tallest statue in the world at 420 feet.
- Egypt, The Great Sphinx of Giza – Made from limestone and depicting the body of a lion and the head of a human, it is believed to have been built around 2558 BC.
- Denmark, The Little Mermaid – This statue is made from bronze, and is based on a fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson.
- Volgograd, Russia, The Motherland Calls – This is a statue that commemorates the Battle of Stalingrad, and is the largest non-religious statue in the world.
We hope you’ve got enough ideas now to start your anniversary gift shopping. Take a look at some of our other pages, if you still feel a little short on ideas.